Sunday 28 July 2013

Linköping

I left Sjoa after spending a few days with Erika and headed to my friend Anna’s house in Linköping, Sweden. Anna and I met last time I was living in Australia and have managed to see each other each year.

Anna had a new little friend called Felix waiting to meet me when I arrived. Felix is a black cat who most likely had a home at some point in his life but has been homeless and neglected and in need of lots of love and attention. Unfortunately Felix is just a temporary resident at Anna’s house while the animal shelter finds him a permanent home. He definitely started to show his personality while I was there and kept us all entertained, especially when he had eaten some of his catnip treats.


Domkyrka
Gardens outside the library
Impressive and beautiful library and gardens
Domkyrka
St Lars Kyrka
Kinda Kanal
Kinda Kanal


Linköping is a pretty organized city with bike paths everywhere (and lots of people use them). It’s also quite a small city once you orientate yourself. I only stayed for 2 full days and felt I got to see everything. Anna told me that there isn’t anything really to do. For a tourist there are some lovely, quirky gardens, and some old buildings (many painted yellow giving everything a spring time feel).


Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Ducks resting in the park
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen
Trädgårdsföreningen


Anna and I did what we do best and went to the Old Town where many of the cities oldest houses have been moved and sat in the forest with a picnic of cheese, meats, bread and wine.






The following day we went out to the country where Anna grew up and picked at least a few kilos of chanterelle mushrooms with Anna’s Mum (who knew all the secret spots they were hiding!). I think that was one of the best chanterelle pies I have eaten (homemade of course!).
Again I was so lucky to have a warm Scandinavian summer in Linköping.


Picking chanterelles in the forest - yum!
We were only half way through picking mushrooms, I think we ended up with a few kilos
Some of the property where Anna grew up
Anna's house where she grew up 

No comments:

Post a Comment